In this incredible eighty-ninth episode of The Gap Minders, we spoke with the remarkable Shana Hazan, who is the President of the San Diego Unified School Board, as well as the President of Hazan Strategies, and the Vice Chair of Calif. Children & Families Commission!Listen to “Episode 89 | Shana Hazan, President, San Diego Unified School Board and Hazan Strategies, Vice Chair, Calif. Children & Families Commission” on Spreaker.
In this excellent episode, Nancy and Jose are joined in the studio by Shana Hazan, the President of the San Diego Unified School Board, President of Hazan Strategies, and Vice Chair of the California Children & Families Commission.
Listen in as Shana shares insights into her work on the school board, expressing the commitment of the board members to transform the educational system for better student outcomes. She discusses the challenges faced by the system, acknowledging a disconnect between the dedication of educators and the actual outcomes for students. Shana emphasizes the importance of investing resources strategically to address systemic issues and achieve measurable change.
The conversation also delves into Shana’s passion for literacy and her efforts to bring about positive change in reading instruction. She talks about the challenges of changing deep-seated beliefs among educators and the importance of collaboration with community partners.
This episode further explores Shana’s involvement in building stronger communities through her business, Hazan Strategies. She draws connections between issues faced by children and older adults, emphasizing the potential for similar solutions.
An excellent episode on filling gaps in the community with Shana Hazan. Here are some other takeaways from the interview:
- The transformative impact of hugs on mood.
- The imperative for genuine commitment to equity, advocating for meaningful actions and strategic resource investments to address systemic issues.
- Shana’s passion for transforming literacy education is explored, focusing on the challenges of changing deep-seated beliefs among educators and the importance of collaboration with community partners.
- The significance of engaging community members, including retirees, in initiatives to improve literacy outcomes and build stronger, healthier communities.
- The answers to the rapid-fire questions
An excellent interview from a passionate gap minder. Thank you, Shana, for your contributions in San Diego, and for joining us on The Gap Minders.
Enjoy this episode and be sure to subscribe to the show.
If you have any questions or want to contact Nancy or Jose, please send an email to email@example.com. Thank you for listening.
To learn more about the two social impact organizations making The Gap Minders possible, please visit www.TheGapMinders.org.