In this illuminating eighty-seventh episode of The Gap Minders, we had the opportunity to chat with the lovely Leane Marchese, who is the Executive Director of Life Science Cares!Listen to “Episode 87 | Leane Marchese, Executive Director, Life Science Cares” on Spreaker.
In this excellent episode, Nancy and Jose are joined in the studio by Leane Marchese, the Executive Director of Life Science Cares. The mission of Life Science Cares is to connect the life science industry with the community and combat poverty through education, economic opportunity, and basic needs support. The organization focuses on engaging corporate partners like Illumina, Anaptys, and others, uniting them to provide financial contributions and encouraging meaningful volunteer engagement.
Listen as Leane details the diverse volunteer activities, from mentoring and tutoring to hosting events and contributing to community needs. She further highlights the challenges faced by students, such as reading difficulties, and stresses the importance of family influence on literacy.
Leane envisions Life Science Cares expanding its reach, attracting more resources from the community, and measuring its impact on generational wealth. This episode also touches on the resource gap in education, and Leane expresses her desire to see deeper penetration into life science companies, scaling nonprofit programs, and creating a positive change in the community.
An excellent episode on filling gaps in the community with Leane. Here are some other takeaways from the interview:
- The goal of Life Science Cares to combat poverty with support for education, economic, and other basics through life science industry partnerships
- The organization addresses issues faced in the community by encouraging mentorship, tutoring, community events, and other volunteer activities
- Leane discusses her future vision and impact measurement in which she envisions measuring impact on generational wealth and expanding outreach in the community.
- Challenges in San Diego including concerns about the high cost of living in San Diego, especially for struggling families and young individuals.
- The answers to the rapid-fire questions
An excellent interview from a passionate gap minder. Thank you, Leane, for your contributions in San Diego, and for joining us on The Gap Minders.
Enjoy this episode and be sure to subscribe to the show.
If you have any questions or want to contact Nancy or Jose, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for listening.
To learn more about the two social impact organizations making The Gap Minders possible, please visit www.TheGapMinders.org.