In this inspiring eighty-third episode of The Gap Minders, we had the powerful chance to speak with the illuminating Jasmine LeFlore, who is the Co-Founder and Executive Director of Greater Than Tech!Listen to “Episode 83 | Jasmine LeFlore, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Greater Than Tech” on Spreaker.
In this excellent episode, Nancy and Jose are joined in the studio by Jasmine LeFlore, the co-founder and executive director of Greater Than Tech. Greater Than Tech is a nonprofit dedicated to fostering the next generation of innovative tech leaders, particularly focusing on girls and underserved youth by teaching them STEM and entrepreneurship.
Hear about LeFlore’s personal journey into aerospace engineering, from her childhood fascination with airplanes to the lack of diversity in her field. She emphasizes the importance of representation and the need for young girls to see themselves in STEM careers.
The episode also touches on Greater Than Tech’s unique approach to STEM education, combining technology skills with entrepreneurship to encourage real-world problem-solving. The organization aims to inspire underrepresented youth to pursue STEM careers or acquire skills in emerging technologies independently.
Listen in as LeFlore discusses her vision for the organization, hoping to see more underrepresented youth choosing STEM careers. This episode concludes with a glimpse into the potential future of projects developed by Greater Than Tech participants, hinting at exciting upcoming initiatives.
An excellent episode on filling gaps in the community with Jasmine LeFlore. Here are some other takeaways from the interview:
- Greater than Tech’s mission to empower girls and underserved youth by intertwining STEM education with entrepreneurship.
- LeFlore’s personal journey into aerospace engineering, emphasizing the importance of representation for underrepresented groups in STEM fields.
- Greater Than Tech’s unique approach involves teaching real-world problem-solving skills, inspiring students to view themselves not only as engineers but also as entrepreneurs and decision-makers.
- The organization aims to see its students pursue STEM careers or alternative education paths, fostering a vision where emerging technologies empower underrepresented youth to create opportunities for themselves and others.
- The answers to the rapid-fire questions
An excellent interview from a passionate gap minder. Thank you, Jasmine, for your contributions in San Diego, and for joining us on The Gap Minders.
Enjoy this episode and be sure to subscribe to the show.
If you have any questions or want to contact Nancy or Jose, please send an email to email@example.com. Thank you for listening.
To learn more about the two social impact organizations making The Gap Minders possible, please visit www.TheGapMinders.org.