In this enticing sixty-eighth episode of the Gap-Minders, we chatted with the incredible Casey Castillo, who is the CEO of the San Diego Food Bank!Listen to “Episode 68 | Casey Castillo, CEO, San Diego Food Bank” on Spreaker.
In this important episode on hunger, Nancy and Jose are joined in the studio by Casey Castillo, the CEO of The Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank, the largest hunger-relief organization in San Diego County. Casey, who has been with this essential social impact organization since 2008, led the team last year to the distribution of over 44 million pounds of food and service to 400,000 people per month in San Diego County.
An excellent episode on filling gaps in the community with Casey Castillo. Here are some other takeaways from the interview:
- The importance of the collaboration with over 500 local partners
- The impact of the cuts to the CalFresh program, as well as how successful it was
- How food inflation is creating real challenges
- Feeding hungry students over weekends now includes books!
- Some residents will feed their pets over themselves, so pet food is also a good donation item
- The answers to the rapid-fire questions
An excellent interview from a passionate gap minder. Thank you, Casey, for your contributions in San Diego, and for joining us on The Gap Minders.
Enjoy this episode and be sure to subscribe to the show.
If you have any questions or want to contact Nancy or Jose, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for listening.
To learn more about the two social impact organizations making The Gap Minders possible, please visit www.TheGapMinders.org.